Suffolk Police have released the following tips for having a good and safe Halloween:
- Never go trick or treating alone or split up from your friends.
- Always check with your parents or carer first.
- Only go to houses where you or your friends know who lives there.
- Don’t talk to strangers on the street or go off with them
- Stay in well-lit areas.
- Ensure you can be seen by wearing reflective clothing and carry a torch.
- Take care when crossing roads - it may be hard to see so well in a costume.
- Although Halloween is about looking spooky, be careful not to frighten those who do not want to take part. A sign asking trick or treaters to not disturb you on Halloween can be downloaded on the Police Website.
Read more on Halloween 2019 Tips and Do not Disturb Poster
The results of the Harbour and Normanston by-election have been announced and the new Councillor for the ward is Paul Page. The full results for the election are as below
Read more on Declaration of Election Results
The Bascule Bridge will be closed for approximately 4 weeks between 8pm and 6am starting on Monday 28th October for necessary improvement works. Click here to read full details of the closure.
Read more on Bascule Bridge Closure