Suffolk Police have released the following tips for having a good and safe Halloween:
- Never go trick or treating alone or split up from your friends.
- Always check with your parents or carer first.
- Only go to houses where you or your friends know who lives there.
- Don’t talk to strangers on the street or go off with them
- Stay in well-lit areas.
- Ensure you can be seen by wearing reflective clothing and carry a torch.
- Take care when crossing roads - it may be hard to see so well in a costume.
- Although Halloween is about looking spooky, be careful not to frighten those who do not want to take part. A sign asking trick or treaters to not disturb you on Halloween can be downloaded on the Police Website.