Notice of Election
Waveney District Council
Election of a Town Councillor
for the Parish Ward listed below
|Parish Ward of Lowestoft Town Council||Number of Town Councillors to be elected|
1. Forms of nomination for the Town Council Election may be obtained from the Elections Office, First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ and are available from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm on any working day after the date of this notice but no later than 4.00pm on Friday, 15th June 2018.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 12th July 2018.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by midnight on Tuesday, 26th June 2018.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 27th June 2018.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Thursday, 12th July 2018. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
Dated Thursday 7 June 2018
Stephen Baker, Returning Officer
Lowestoft Town Council has submitted an application to designate a Neighbourhood Area for the purposes of producing a Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan is a way for the Town Council to help shape how the community develops over the
coming years. This is not a formal consultation on the Neighbourhood Development Plan itself but whether this is a suitable area for the Plan to cover.
View details of the area proposed, the application and other supporting information by visiting
Before deciding on the suitability of the proposed Neighbourhood Area, Waveney District Council would like to hear your views. Consultation ends on 22nd June 2018.
Please respond by using one of the following methods:
Post: Waveney District Council, Planning and Delivery, Riverside, 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR33 0EQ
The B1375 at Rackhams Corner will be closed between 1st June and 6th June for road improvements. The notice of closure can be found here.
Waveney District Council is consulting on the future ownership of the many Lowestoft Borough Council artefacts that they inherited and have stored away. The artefacts are being kept safely in a secret location. They are no longer in the Town Hall, which has been left empty by the District Council and is now pending plans for development by the new owners, Lowestoft Town Council.
PARISH OF LOWESTOFT PAKEFIELD
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
that due to the resignation of Mathew Owen, a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Parish Council.
1. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if ten electors for the parish give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer not later than
21 May, 2018
2. The Address of the Returning Officer is
First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR33 0EQ
3. If no such notice is given the Parish Council will fill the vacancy by co-option.
Dated 30 April 2018 Signed: ……………………………………………… (Clerk)
Ms S. Bendix (Clerk)
Lowestoft Town Council
Battery Green Road
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ
You may have noticed the Town Hall Clock is currently stopped. The Town Council has commissioned long overdue maintenance, and we hope it will not be too long before it is working again.
The Town Council is about to embark on the process of a Neighbourhood Plan for Lowestoft. It is envisaged that the Plan will include the whole of the parish area. If you have any initial comments on this, we would be delighted to hear from you. The Neighbourhood Planning process will involved a series of public engagement events - it will be your chance to have a voice and a choice. Further details will be published over the next few months.