Biker Down is a free awareness-raising course for bikers in case of an incident of a fellow biker. Created by Kent Fire and Rescue Service, the course consists of three valuable modules:
This course is offered to all bikers, of all standards and experience.
The notice of election for the Elmtree by-election will take place on Thursday 8 July 2021.
1. An election is to be held for Councillors for the following Parishes;
2. The number of Councillors to be elected for each Parish is;
Lowestoft Elmtree (1)
Oulton Broad North (1)
3. Forms of nomination may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the addresses shown below.
4. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the addresses shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office hours but not later than 4pm on Friday 11 June 2021.
5. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 8 July 2021, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
6. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on Tuesday 22 June 2021.
7. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal and postal proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
8. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
9. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday 8 July 2021.
Electoral Services, East Suffolk Council, Riverside 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0EQ
Electoral Services, East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Riduna Park Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, IP12 1RT
Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Return. Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021. Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27. The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234).
1. Date of announcement 2nd June 2021 (a)
2. Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subjected to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
(b) Shona Bendix, Town Clerk, Lowestoft Town Council, Hamilton House, Battery Green Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1DE, 0330 053 6019, firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencing on (c) Monday 14 June 2021
And ending on (d) Friday 23 July 2021
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
15 Westferry Circus
5. This announcement is made by Shona Bendix, Town Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
#VolunteersWeek is an annual opportunity to recognise and thank volunteers. During an exceptionally difficult year, people from all walks of life in Lowestoft have taken the time to volunteer and made a huge difference to our communities, parks and open spaces, vaccination centres and countless more.
The annual community street sale is taking place this Sunday, 30th May 2021 from 9am - 12 noon in Gunton, including streets Gunton St Peters, Gunton Church Lane and The Painters Estate in Lowestoft.
There will be over 50 households participating in the street sale, selling everything from furniture to plants, vintage treasures to toys and books.
The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is running its first ever War Graves Week this year, running from the 21-28 May 2021, shining a light on the people who work to keep remembrance of our war dead alive and the significant work of CWGC. Through a series of talks, tours and events, both physical and virtual, War Graves Week will bring an immersive and inclusive programme across the nation, detailing each locations expansive histories in all its variety and demonstrate its ongoing relevance today.
As part of War Graves Week, there is a guided tour around the Lowestoft Naval Memorial in Belle Vue Park, tonight, Wednesday 26 May and tomorrow, Thursday 27 May at 18:30pm. Lowestoft was selected to possess the Memorial for those men of the Royal Naval Patrol Service, who have no other grave but the sea, as this was the Depot for the Royal Naval Patrol Service during Second World War, developed from the pre-war Royal Naval Reserve Trawler Section Depot.
Tickets are still available for the guided tour and are free to obtain from Eventbrite. Please note, individuals must have a ticket to attend this event.
Due to the resignation of Councillor Neil Coleby, a vacancy has arisen in the Office of Councillor for the Town Council, within the ward of Elmtree. A by-election to fill the vacancy will be held if ten electors for the ward give notice in writing claiming such an election to the Returning Officer not later than 11 June 2021.
The Addresses of the Returning Officer is:
First Floor 2 Canning Road Lowestoft NR33 0EQ
Following the Annual General Meeting of the Town Council held on 18 May 2021, I am delighted to be able to write to you again as Mayor of Lowestoft.
This is my second year of service and I am grateful that my fellow Councillors have supported me in continuing in this role, which not only involves chairing the Town Council meetings but representing the Council at various events in Lowestoft. A new Deputy Mayor, Nasima Begum, who is one of three newly elected Councillors, will assist me. Nasima is representing the St Margaret’s West ward, I also warmly welcome Wendy Brooks, and Sonia Barker recently elected for Gunton and Elmtree Wards respectively.
I look forward to the brighter times that are hopefully just around the corner, long summer days in our parks and beautiful beaches and the opportunity to welcome visitors again when it is reliably safe to do so. Councillor Alan Green, Mayor of Lowestoft
Get fit for free and join Our Parks bootcamp sessions in Lowestoft at Britten Field on Tuesdays at 6:30pm or at Normanston Park on Saturdays at 10am. All classes are run by experienced qualified coaches and accessible for all ranges of abilities. Book your free exercise classes at Our Parks website.