The Ness Rise & Shine Photography Competition
May. 20 - Aug. 5, 2019 9:00am — 12:00pm
The Ness – Rise & Shine Photography Competition
In association with The Ness, the UK’s most easterly park residents and visitors to Lowestoft are encouraged to submit images on the subject ‘Rise & Shine’ for a new photography competition.
In partnership with Lowestoft Photographic Club, the images will be showcased online and on Facebook with the winners featured as part of an exhibition in the new space at Lowestoft Central Parcel Office at the Train Station.The winners will also feature in The Lowestoft Journal. The exhibition will run from 23 – 26 August over the bank holiday weekend.
The competition, which is open from Monday 20 May with a closing date of noon Monday 5 August, is open to everyone. To enter, simply email your image with the subject header ‘Rise & Shine’ to email@example.com, along with your name and mobile number. The images will go online within 2 days and be available on Facebook for likes and shares with the most popular as the winners.
Lowestoft Photographic Club members are compiling an archive of contemporary, positive, forward looking images of the town which are available at www.lowestoftimageproject.co.uk. Documenting the people, places and industry which make Lowestoft a unique place with stories to tell, the resource shines a light on a year’s worth of activity in a busy seaside town. The exhibition and archive are made possible with funding from Lowestoft Town Council and the Coastal Community Fund via East Suffolk Council as part of The Ness diary of events for 2019.
THE NESS – RISE AND SHINE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Terms and Condition
- The promoter is: The Ness Steering Group
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom except Lowestoft Town Councillors/officers, East Suffolk Councillors/officers and members of Lowestoft Photographic Club. The subject is ‘Rise & Shine’ which is open to entrants interpretation.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
- To enter the competition: Email - send your photograph, with the subject header ‘Rise & Shine’, along with your name and mobile number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries submitted in any other way, including by hard copy, will not be accepted.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and Lowestoft Photographic Club, reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
- Each entrant warrants to that his/her entry is original, their wholly owned creation and made without the inclusion of material owned by any third party. Entrants will keep The Ness Steering Group harmless from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- All entrants hereby license to The Ness Steering Group the use of their entry for display on any The Ness Steering Group-owned or third-party website or other media for publicity purposes and agree to the waiver of their moral rights in respect of the same.
- Multiple entries from the same person will be accepted.
- Closing date for entry will be 5 August 2019. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Ness Steering Group reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of The Ness Steering Groups control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The Ness Steering Group is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prizes for each category are as follows; 1st prize Trophy. Large format framed print of photograph. Acknowledgement and hanging at Lowestoft Photographic Club Exhibition in August. Photo printed in Lowestoft Journal. 2ndPrize Large format print of photograph. Acknowledgement and hanging at Lowestoft Photographic Club Exhibition in August. Photo printed in Lowestoft Journal. 3rdPrize Large format print of photograph. Acknowledgement and hanging at Lowestoft Photographic Club Exhibition in August. Photo printed in Lowestoft Journal
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by the public
- The top 3 chosen photographs will be shown in a public exhibition in Lowestoft.
- Each winner will be notified by email within 2 days of the closing date. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not claim their prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The Ness Steering Group will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / delivered.
- The Ness Steering Group decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Each winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their submitted entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Ness Steering Group shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
*The Ness Steering Group is a partnership of Lowestoft Town Council and East Suffolk Council to promote ‘The Ness’ a new park in North Lowestoft. The Ness will improve access, knowledge, participation and enjoyment of North Lowestoft and its unique maritime heritage.