Join Lowestoft Town Council in raising funds for this important cause by buying tasty treats, and come and see the Town Council's new offices on the First Floor of Hamilton House, Battery Green Road, Lowestoft, NR32 1DE, between 10:00 - 13:00. Please be aware that no parking is available on-site but there are nearby pay-and-display car parks as well as limited on-street parking.
Thank you to everyone who responded to our recent community survey. The Town Council is pleased that the responses given were so helpful and that we will be undertaking a full analysis of all the data. The Town Council has ambitions to improve assets and services transferred to them and is determined to ensure that it is informed by the views of residents.
Starting today all of our meetings will be taking place at our new offices at Hamilton House, Battery Green Road, Lowestoft.
Representatives from Suffolk County Council Records Office service requested a tour of Lowestoft Town Council’s Town Hall. This took place on 13 August and was a simple tour of the facility. Where there is capacity, we try to facilitate visits from other organisations. Please email the Town Council office if you would like to arrange a visit.
Lowestoft Town Council is seeking the views of it's residents to help to inform our Town Councillors of what is most important to residents. This will enable them to make better informed decisions on their behalf. you can complete the survey online through survey monkey or you can pick up a physical copy at the Marina Theatre, Hamilton House, or Riverside.
There is currently a job vacancy for a Heritage Action Zone Programme Manager, details of the vacancy can be found here.
Notice of Election
Waveney District Council
Election of a Town Councillor
for the Parish Ward listed below
|Parish Ward of Lowestoft Town Council||Number of Town Councillors to be elected|
1. Forms of nomination for the Town Council Election may be obtained from the Elections Office, First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ and are available from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ between the hours of 9.30am and 4.00pm on any working day after the date of this notice but no later than 4.00pm on Friday, 15th June 2018.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 12th July 2018.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by midnight on Tuesday, 26th June 2018.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 27th June 2018.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at First Floor, 2 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR33 0EQ by 5.00pm on Thursday, 12th July 2018. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00pm on Wednesday, 4th July 2018.
Dated Thursday 7 June 2018
Stephen Baker, Returning Officer
Lowestoft Town Council has submitted an application to designate a Neighbourhood Area for the purposes of producing a Neighbourhood Plan.
The Neighbourhood Plan is a way for the Town Council to help shape how the community develops over the
coming years. This is not a formal consultation on the Neighbourhood Development Plan itself but whether this is a suitable area for the Plan to cover.
View details of the area proposed, the application and other supporting information by visiting
Before deciding on the suitability of the proposed Neighbourhood Area, Waveney District Council would like to hear your views. Consultation ends on 22nd June 2018.
Please respond by using one of the following methods:
Post: Waveney District Council, Planning and Delivery, Riverside, 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR33 0EQ